Do you use LPG Gas at home? Here are some important tips to keep you safe…
In South Africa in recent times, load-shedding has seen gas fast becoming a preferred energy source. However, whether you are using LPG Gas for cooking, heating, cooling or drying, it is important to know and adhere to the following…
Important Safety Tips for Domestic Use of Gas
- Do not allow the gas bottle to roll over or lie on its side; it must be stored and transported in an upright position.
- Do not place the gas bottle on any surface that is not level or firm; it must be stored on a sturdy and level surface.
- Do not store the gas bottle indoors or below ground level; it must be stored outside of your home and above ground.
- Do not store the gas bottle close to any entrance or exit areas of your home or near any drains.
- Do not store the gas bottle in an enclosed area that is not well ventilated.
- Do not expose the gas bottle to heat or to any heat or power source, or sunlight.
- Do not store the gas bottle near any flammable items such as grass, leaves, fabric, paper etc.
- Do not use gas bottles in places where gas is prohibited.
- Do ensure that gas bottles are protected from interference and damage by animals, children or other persons.
- Do not accept any gas bottle if the seal is broken.
- Do not accept any gas bottle that is damaged, dented or rusted.
- Do not accept any gas bottle if it has passed its next test date.
- Only buy your gas bottles from authorised vendors or gas suppliers.
- Only have your gas bottles filled or exchanged at an authorised dealer.
- Do not connect more than one gas bottle to a single cooking appliance.
- Do ensure that your gas bottle and gas appliance are switched off properly at all times.
- Service all your LPG (Liquid Petroleum Gas) appliances regularly.
- Turn off the gas supply at the emergency stop valve, if you will be away from home for a long period of time.
- Keep a fire extinguisher in your home.
Be sure to follow the above key safety guidelines. Keep your family regularly updated on the dangers of and safety tips on gas. Then you can be comfortable and secure in knowing that your home and family will be safe when using LPG Gas for domestic purposes.
Order online (https://simsgas.co.za/index.php/shopping-cart.html) and we will deliver!
For more information on LPG, follow this link:https://www.simsgas.co.za/