After a cold winter, it’s time for South African families to open up the doors and head outside to bask in our welcome spring sunshine. And, what better way to spend family time together than over a delicious braai out on the patio!. With your gas braai ready, enjoy spring South African style.
When planning your braai menu, be sure to include our delicious seasonal fruits and vegetables for a fresh taste. These are:
Apples, Apricots,Bananas, Berries, Blueberries, Cherries, Dates, Gooseberries, Grapes, Grapefruits, Kiwifruits, Papayas, Peaches, Plums, Strawberries, Watermelon.
Artichokes, Asparagus, Aubergines, Avocados, Baby marrows, Beans, Beetroot, Broccoli, Brussels sprouts, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Celery, Leeks, Mange tout, Marrows, Mealies, Mushrooms, Parsnips, Peppers, Tomatoes, Turnips, Watercress.
Don’t just throw something yummy on the braai, surprise your family with something different. Try these 2 innovative recipes which include our seasonal fruits and veggies.
Braaied leg of lamb with chimichurri sauce, pomegranates and cauliflower and zucchini puree.
Succulent leg of lamb cooked on the braai and served with a tantalising Argentinean topping.
Doughnuts with lemon curd, Mascarpone and mixed berries
Dessert made on a braai? Really? Here’s one to tempt the family!
Get Your Patio Ready
- Dust off your patio furniture and arrange this snugly and companionly.
- Decorate your buffet table attractively and set it in readiness with your drinks and for your tasty gas braai meal.
- Arrange loungers in a quiet spot for those needing a post-lunch snooze.
Brighten Up Your Space
- Add pops of colour and interest with bright floor rugs, plump cushions and plush, inviting throws on your comfy patio furniture.
- Accessorise with a stunning vase of cut or bought flowers and other striking ornaments.
- Have soft warm blankets nearby as September can have spells of chilly winds so it’s best to be prepared. Don’t let a little chill or wind spoil your patio gas braai.
- Water lightly and freshen up the plants in the mounted planters on the wall.
- Adding a houseplant in a pretty pot, or two, will bring life and texture to your space.
- Manoeuvre any colourful containers strategically for increased visible colour and texture.
To entice the kids away from their gadgets, display interesting books, board games and crafting items and encourage them out into the spring sunshine to play or to romp with the family and dog in the garden or in the pool.
It’s all organised – your patio is spring braai ready! Now relax with a delicious drink while the gas braai is cooking and its tempting aromas waft over you.
Enjoy your appetising meal, have a great time with your family on the patio – that’s the perfect way for South Africans to spend a spring Sunday!
Gas braais are great! They’re quick – just push the button to ignite – and easy to clean. But keep your family and home safe and always remember to apply gas safety measures.
Order 10 LPG Bottle refills Online and get 1 refill free, give us this PROMO CODE: SIMS10 when you place your order.
Sims Gas – Your Energy Partner
Phone: 0861 746 7427
Order Online Here: https://simsgas.co.za/index.php/shop.html
We Deliver Diesel to your home or business!
Do you need diesel for your generators, a small fleet or for your forklifts? Contact Sims Gas and we will deliver the diesel straight to your door.
Please note: the diesel price changes on a monthly basis so call or email our office for the latest price.
Phone: 0861 746 7427
We will deliver to your home or business, so order today!
Johannesburg Phone: 011 494 4232
Durban Phone: 031 902 6533
Or fill in your gas supply query here: http://ow.ly/B7YH30mIb8h